As the stable heart of the community of learners, faculty (under the direction of the head of school) bear the primary responsibility for our educational mission. Staff members serve a critical role in supporting this mission through clerical support and leadership in institutional advancement. Our interconnected efforts in development and fundraising, admissions and enrollment management, public relations and outreach, and messaging and marketing serve the mission of Trinity School by establishing, cultivating, and preserving a community of supportive partners among parents, alumni, benefactors, and other friends of Trinity School.
Advancement Services Manager – Full Job Description
The primary responsibility of the advancement services manager is to oversee and manage our Raiser’s Edge database, assist with development communications at each campus, and support the executive directors at each campus in work that overlaps with these responsibilities.
The role of the advancement services manager is to assure that our record-keeping, database management, and institutional advancement communications are marked by integrity, a spirit of service, and dedication to excellence.
As a member of the staff in this capacity, the advancement services manager should possess and demonstrate the following qualities:
- a clear understanding of Trinity School’s educational mission, cultural distinctiveness, and aims for institutional advancement,
- a willingness to work within a matrix-management scheme with multiple lines of soft and hard reporting and interaction with multiple offices or departments,
- a strong Christian witness and the ability to manifest the Christian culture of the school in outward-facing duties,
- a desire to partner with administrators and staff in proper and effective institutional advancement operations,
- a cheerful disposition and spirit of service,
- excellent writing skills,
- attention to detail, and
- the capacity to manage a variety of tasks on a day-to-day basis.
Areas of Responsibility
The advancement service manager’s areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- overseeing and administering all uses of our Raiser’s Edge database,
- assuring clean data and training employees in proper entry,
- working with the executive directors to create and manage annual appeals, response letters, documents for tax purposes and other development-oriented communications.
Particular responsibilities of the advancement service manager include but are not limited to:
- developing and generating simple and complex queries, exports, reports, metrics tracking, and other ad hoc requests as needed for fund development, alumni engagement, career development, and other department requests as required,
- assisting in entering gifts into the database and preparing donor acknowledgment letters, tracking constituent engagement statistics, and reporting on critical financial information,
- preparing mailing lists, including solicitations, event invitations, and email lists,
- updating constituent information including biographical, affinity, gift, and relational information by working with the three campuses and other departments to obtain the necessary updates,
- advising executive directors and others on database best practices in Raiser’s Edge and updating documentation of best practices, policies, and procedures,
- liaising with the Finance Office regarding gift revenue and related items, including scholarships and restricted gifts and matching funds,
- researching potential donors and preparing prospect profile reports, and
- facilitating training for Raiser’s Edge front-end users.
To learn more or apply, please contact Bob Brickweg, Executive Director at Trinity School at River Ridge at [email protected] or (651) 789-2893.
Trinity Schools does not unlawfully discriminate with respect to race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, or other legally protected classifications under applicable law, with respect to the administration of its programs.